Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 11

So, I realised this morning that I don't currently have any pimples on my face. This is intriguing because I have had pimples since grade 5, and I have faint scars everywhere. Also, my face hasn't been burning as much lately.

At odd times, my face will flush, and it will feel hot, even to the touch. This doesn't last long, maybe an hour at the most, and it may or may not affect my whole face. Sometime, it's only my cheeks, or just one side of my face. I don't know how long I've had this happening to me, but it's something I am self-concious about.

Now, I don't want to jump to conclusions, it could be the changing of the seasons, or because I'm drinking more water, but it could also be my recent dietary changes. For the last 10 days, I've been eating as clean as I can manage, no sugar or sugar substitutes, and no wheat. That left lots of protien, fat, and leafy greens, with      some fruit.

Other effects: I'm down from 170 lbs to 166lbs, I have more energy, and I am more optimistic. So, overall, positive outcome.

I can't lie, it's been difficult to stick to, at least at first. A colleague has moved on , and there was a huge cake bought for him, and I managed to resist that, but other times, I could not resist 'just'one. This does seem to be getting easier as I go, though.

Today's power word: dog. I was watching a video by Sharee of Funeral For My Fat on youtube, and she made a comment that stuck. "Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog." It stuck. Everyday I write the current diet-day on my wrist, just beside my watch, often with a power word or an image. That way I am reminded how far I have come every time I check the time or date, which I do hundreds of times a day.

What little tricks do you use to keep yourself motivated?

Good luck on your journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment