Sunday, April 14, 2013

Five Year Goals

Well, it's been far too long since my last post, and far too much has happened. B and I are still $62,000 in debt, give or take. I'm still working for minimum wage in retail, but now B's working in a different part of the transportation industry, because while training, he was informed that it wouldn't 'work out'. So between us, our income is $2800 per month, and our bills are about $2200, and we have no where to go but up from here.

Now, I want to set a few goals for the next 5 years.


First, I am losing weight. I want better health to have the energy and endurance to see me through my other goals. At my best weight, I was around 130 lbs, and last week I started at 170 lbs. Back then I was a walking, mountain climbing machine. I was also 7 years younger and not making many of the healthier diet choices. Now, I've gone wheat-free, and this week, I've gone sweetener-free (not even sugar substitutes). I've managed a full week, and I've lost 5 lbs, so I think I'll see what 21 days does.


Second, our debt needs to be paid off. That is a lofty goal right now, but both B and I are working towards better jobs, so we might be able to beat that soon. Without debt, there will be a certain freedom that I haven't seen in at least 10 years.

Third, I want to find a job I can do for more money that I can stick to for the next 30 years. Retail is fun, sometimes, but there's really not much better positions out there than the position that I have, and while I actually am making more that minimum wage, it's only by about 50 cents an hour.

So far, so good, and I think the order is right, because health will give me energy and sharpness to pay off debts, and being debt-free will allow me to go back to school if need be to find a career. I'm only 32, I've got this.

Also, new idea, I'll be posting fitspo stuff here, too! I've been sufing tumblr blogs, and I tried making one, but I prefer this format.

To anyone out there who's on a journey of improvement too, There's no reason why we can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment